As you read the following Weatherford Democrat article, please consider these questions:
1. Why did Weatherford ISD audit a non-profit organization?
2. Why did WISD Superintendent Jeffrey Hanks use WISD employees to conduct the audit?
3. Was that a proper use of WISD resources?
4. Does Superintendent Hanks have authority to use WISD resources that are paid for with your taxes in whatever manner he chooses?
5. How long will it be before Hanks is back with an urgent plea for more tax dollars?
6. Am I the only taxpayer who finds Hanks’ actions troubling?
Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act. – Deitrich Bonhoeffer
Lenny Leatherman –
Questions raised about Blue Belles Parent Club’s finances, operations leading to change
From Weatherford Democrat, By SALLY SEXTON, 02/05/14 –
After more than a year of questions regarding financial practices of the Blue Belles Parent Club, including the inability of an outside group to perform a financial audit of the non-profit booster club, steps are being taken to ensure better practices and organization.
Amy Wilkins, a parent of a Weatherford High School Blue Belle who also serves on the Weatherford ISD Council of PTA Officers, said she first began noticing issues in December of 2012 after a breakdown in communication at a Blue Belles event.