By MELODY McDONALD, Star-Telegram Staff Writer, December 18, 2005 – BROCK — It’s been seven years since Rickey Carter got drunk, drove his pickup the wrong way down Ranger Highway, and slammed into a car carrying four of Brock’s brightest teens.
Staci Lee and Whitney Welch, both 16, died instantly. Mandi McWhorter, 15, lived for 11 more hours. Lacey Osina, 17, lost her fight three days later.
UPDATE: Ricky Carter’s request for parole was denied again! Thank you for all your support in this matter. Unfortunately, this process must be repeated each year until he serves his full sentence.
We must act now
KEEP RICKY CARTER IN JAIL
This deadly drunk driver has been scheduled for a parole review. He may be released from jail if we don’t act now to keep him off our streets! Ricky Carter is serving a 20 year sentence for killing four beautiful teenage girls. We urge you to write the parole board expressing your steadfast opposition to Carter’s release.
- Click here to see a sample letter to the Parole Board.
- Click here to read a first-hand account by a Police Officer who was at the crime scene.
- For additional information, go to www.keeprickycarterinjail.com.
- Click here for NBC5 report.
- Click here to view a Weatherford Democrat story.