JNN News Update, by Barry & Batya Segal, January 10th 2016 –
NETANYAHU TO LEAD EFFORT IN THWARTING OBAMA BID FOR UN CHIEF: PM Benjamin Netanyahu, according to the Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Jarida, will make common cause with moderate Arab governments in order to sabotage USA President Obama’s presently brewing plans to succeed Ban Ki-moon when the South Korean diplomat ends his term as United Nations secretary-general on December 31, 2016. Obama has reportedly already discussed the issue of running for secretary-general with Democrats, Republicans, and Jewish officials in the USA. The sources said that once Netanyahu got wind of Obama’s plans, the prime minister began to make efforts to submarine what he has referred to as “the Obama project.” “Wasn’t eight years of having Obama in office enough?” Netanyahu is quoted as saying in the Kuwaiti daily. “Eight years during which he ignored Israel? And now he wants to be in a position that is liable to cause us hardships in the international arena.”
The newspaper cited the well-known fact that personal ties between Netanyahu and Obama are frayed. “Obama is the worst president Israel has had to deal with and the worst president for the Middle East and its allies, the moderate Arab states,” a Netanyahu aide is quoted as saying. A source close to Netanyahu did not deny that the premier is aiming to “torpedo the Obama project,” noting that “his presidency was characterized by Washington’s moving closer to the Muslim Brotherhood, toppling the regime of Hosni Mubarak, and attempts to ally itself with political Islam. Obama’s term is ending with him forging an alliance with Iran, coming to an agreement with it on its nuclear program which in the end will result in a similar scenario that took place with North Korea,” the aide said. “Israel will not allow this to happen,” said the source. “It will take all of the necessary steps to prevent Iran from manufacturing a nuclear weapon either covertly or overtly.” (J. Post) News of Obama’s future UN ambitions is posted as a prayer alert for our intercessors.
TEL AVIV GUNMAN KILLED IN EXCHANGE OF FIRE: Shin Bet domestic intelligence agents together with Counter-Terrorism officers shot and killed terrorist Nashat Milhem in his hometown of Arara in northern Israel on Friday, 8 Jan. 2016, thus ending a days-long pursuit of the terrorist behind three murders in Tel Aviv. Milhem was found in a hideout, following an intensive investigation that included many undercover and overt operations to track him down. The Arab-Israeli terrorist had been on the run since 1 Jan. 2016 when he opened fire at Israelis sitting at the Simta bar in Tel Aviv, murdering Alon Bakal and Shimon Roimi, and later, shooting dead cab driver Amin Sha’aban during his getaway. Milhem identified the Shin Bet agents and Counter-Terrorism officers as they approached a structure he used as a hideout. He tried to escape, and then opened fire at security forces using the sub-machine gun in his possession, which he also used to murder his victims in Tel Aviv the previous week. Special forces “returned fire and killed” the suspect, the Shin Bet said. “There were no injuries among our forces.” Israelis breathed a collective sigh of relief on Friday evening. (Jerusalem Post)
HAMAS MOURNS THE DEATH OF ‘MARTYR’ MILHEM: Hamas on Friday 8 Jan. 2016, issued a statement mourning the death of Nashat Milhem, the terrorist from Tel Aviv who was eliminated by Israeli security forces in Arara. “Hamas mourns the martyr hero Nashat Milhem, who confused Israel for more than a week after he shattered the myth that Israel brags about and carried out an attack in the heart of the enemy,” said a Hamas spokesman. The Islamic Jihad terrorist group, meanwhile, condemned Israel for killing Milhem and threatened that “Israel will pay for its crimes.” Just a week ago, Hamas welcomed the terrorist attack in Tel Aviv, saying, “The shooting attack in Tel Aviv at the start of the new year is a clear sign that the entire Zionist entity will be exposed to acts of resistance.” (Arutz-7) “They eat the bread of wickedness and drink the wine of violence.” Prov 4:17
HELP US ASSIST ISRAEL’S POOR AND VICTIMS OF TERROR: Many victims of terror in Israel face months of rehabilitation, loss of work, emotional trauma, all of which affects entire families. Vision for Israel helps support victims of terror and their loved ones. This is in addition to providing comfort and provision for many of the nation’s poor, including the elderly and Holocaust survivors. Please give generously at http://www.visionforisrael.com For residents in the UK and outside N. America visit our website at http://www.josephstorehouse.co.uk
HAMAS CELL PLANNED TO KILL ISRAEL’S PRIME MINISTER: Hazem Sandouqa, 22, from Jerusalem’s Old City, Fahdi Abu Qaian, 19, a Bedouin Israeli from the Negev, and Hamas activist Ahmad Azzam, 24, from Judea & Samaria, planned to plant explosives in the Jerusalem Payis Arena at a time when Israel’s PM Netanyahu was to speak at the site, according to the Jerusalem District Attorney’s Office on Friday, 8 Jan. 2015. The indictment said the three planned to place the device beneath the stage at the multi-purpose sports arena in Malha where the Prime Minister was set to appear. The indictment added that the Hamas activist rented an apartment in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Abu Dis and purchased explosive materials both personally as well as through the help of Sandouqa. (Times of Israel) Pray for the protection of Israel’s PM Netanyahu and his family. Continue to intercede for Netanyahu’s strength, wisdom and integrity on many difficult fronts as he leads the country.
ISIS CLAIMS ATTACK ON ISRAELI TOURISTS IN CAIRO: ISIS has claimed responsibility for an armed assault on Israeli tourists in Cairo. The attack on Thursday, 7 Jan 2016, which security sources said targeted a bus meant to transport Israeli Arabs, caused no casualties. Egypt’s Interior Ministry said it was directed at security forces. ISIS claimed its members carried out the shooting in response to a call by the group’s leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to target Jews “everywhere.” The group said in a statement released on the internet that light arms were used in the attack. The shooting took place at the Three Pyramids Hotel, on a road leading to the Giza pyramids southwest of Egypt’s capital. (Jerusalem Post)
ISIS FIGHTER EXECUTES HIS OWN MOTHER IN PUBLIC: A fighter from terror group ISIS publicly executed his own mother because she asked him to defect from its ranks, an NGO monitoring human rights abuses in Syria and eyewitnesses said. Ali Saqr, 21, executed his 35-year-old mother Lena al-Qasem outside the post office in Raqqa, in front of “hundreds of people,” in which al-Qasem worked. The NGO said the mother and son argued over the son’s commitment to the terrorist group. Following the dispute, the fighter reported her to his leaders, who then arrested her. (Times of Israel) Pray for the overwhelming military defeat of ISIS. RECORDINGS REVEAL QADDAFI FORETOLD RISE OF RADICAL ISLAM, EURO INVASION: Doomed Libyan dictator Muammar Qaddafi delivered a prophetic warning in 2011, saying Islamic terror would spread across North Africa and hit Europe if he was removed from power, newly released phone transcripts revealed Thur. 7 Jan. 2016. Speaking to former British PM Tony Blair, Qaddafi said “Jihadists want to control the Mediterranean and then they will attack Europe.” A British foreign affairs committee investigating Qaddafi’s ouster released the transcripts of two phone calls to Blair, both of which reportedly took place on Feb. 25, 2011. Qaddafi fled the Libyan capital city of Tripoli that summer, and rebels killed him in Oct. 2011.
During the first call in the morning, Qaddafi told Blair, “The story is simply this: an organization has laid down sleeping cells in North Africa, called the Al Qaeda Organization in North Africa. The sleeping cells in Libya are similar to dormant cells in America before 9/11.” In the second call, a few hours later, he added: “I will have to arm the people and get ready for a fight. Libyan people will die, damage will be on the Mediterranean, Europe and the whole world. These armed groups are using the crumbling Libyan regime as a justification – and we shall fight them.” Analysts say Al Qaeda splinter groups did seize territory in Libya after rebels ousted and killed Qaddafi. Islamic jihadis in Iraq and Syria merged to form what would be known as the ISIS terror group by 2013, and eventually moved to capture land in North Africa as well. (Fox)
SPECIALIST DISCUSSES BREAKTHROUGH IN AVOIDING CANCER: Dr. Yoav Luria, director of the Liver Unit at Jerusalem’s Shaare Tzedek Hospital, spoke with media source about a potential breakthrough in preventative medicine that’s as simple as taking an aspirin. Luria noted that USA medical authorities recently updated their recommendations, and now say that according to new findings, low doses of aspirin pain reliever can prevent heart disease as well as the development of cancer. A daily dosage for men over 50 can serve as a key preventative of gastrointestinal cancer, noted Luria. The doctor emphasized that the change is in recommendations at this point and is not officially part of the guidelines. He further stressed that people who are interested should discuss it with their health care provider, and not make decisions to start taking aspirin on their own. Luria showed a graph from the recent findings, demonstrating how aspirin can significantly reduce the development of polyps. (INN)
JERUSALEM’S WALDORF ASTORIA RANKED 7TH BEST HOTEL IN WORLD: Jerusalem’s Waldorf Astoria was ranked the seventh best hotel in the world in its annual Conde Nast Travelers 2015 Readers’ Choice Awards Survey. The far-reaching survey spanned six continents and 47 countries. According to Condé Nast, more than 128,000 travelers voted in the survey, which rated the world’s top 100 luxury hotels. “The breadth of their top-rated experiences was impressive, from elegant castles in the Irish countryside to tented safari camps trailing the Great Migration across the Serengeti,” the magazine said. The Waldorf Astoria was opened to the public in 2014. The property, which features breathtaking views of the Old City and Independence Park, was acquired by the famous Reichmann family of Toronto for over $30 million in 2005. Joseph Reichmann, who oversaw the hotel’s design and construction, said he hoped the hotel “will cause a lot of the well-to-do-people around the world to stay longer in the city, strengthen its economy and maintain its beauty.” (Jerusalem Post)
NO MORE MR. NICE GUY: For several weeks now JNN editors have tried to take the diplomatic approach and encourage all of you to voluntarily go to the link provided and re-subscribe for the JNN updates for prayer and information pertaining to Israel. Please understand that this is a safe link. If you do have problems doing it yourself, but only after trying, we are here to serve you and help you. However, because we have reports from time to time of people suddenly not receiving the JNN for weeks and thinking we have deleted them from our mailing lists, we are switching to a much more secure and solid platform for mailing the JNN via email. Therefore, can you please help us and cooperate in this effort. Let’s be pro-active. Thank you. Barry Segal.
Please note the link provided here: http://eepurl.com/bwj-AP. If you have already re-subscribed there is no need to again. You will know as you are receiving already a better user-friendly version.
The suggestions, opinions and scripture references made by JNN writers and editors are based on the best information received.
Barry Segal with the Editorial Staff
Keep informed on breaking Israel-related and Middle East news. To subscribe, at no cost, to twice weekly mailings of JNN News go to: http://www.jnnnews.com
HELP DEFEND ISRAEL OVER SOCIAL MEDIA: Follow JNN updates on Facebook and Twitter you can “like” and “retweet” items you feel are important to share. Also, you can share video reports on our YouTube channel. We are also on Google+, Linkedin, Tumbler, and LiveStream. Don’t underestimate how much this can help.