Global statistics show that higher rates of gun ownership are not associated with higher rates of violent crime. (Photo: DmyTo/Getty Images)
In the wake of the tragic murder of 17 innocent students and teachers at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, students, educators, politicians, and activists are searching for solutions to prevent future school shootings.
As emotions morph from grief to anger to resolve, it is vitally important to supply facts so that policymakers and professionals can fashion solutions based on objective data rather than well-intended but misguided emotional fixes.
Parker County Sheriff’s Investigators are seeking the identity of the juveniles who own two bicycles, left at the scene of a criminal mischief call.
On Monday, March 12, Sheriff’s deputies were called to the 200-block of Sandy Oaks Road, in Springtown, around 3 p.m.
The complainant stated four males, possibly juveniles, were reportedly inside an abandoned trailer house, damaging the house and property.
Deputies located four young males at the cul-de-sac near the abandoned home, and attempted to make contact with them. When the juveniles observed the deputies approaching them, they dropped two of the bikes, fled on foot and jumped into a ravine.
Every year, millions of families make the trip to one of Disney’s famous amusement parks. Thousands of parents diligently save to bring their young children on the vacation of a lifetime.
Honeymooning newlyweds stroll the streets of “The Happiest Place on Earth,” snapping pictures with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy. Some visitors even pick up a season pass to enjoy this magical place all year round.
But what if there was an easier way to enter Disney World? What if your status as a child under the age of 16 entitled you to a lifetime pass? And what if that pass not only entitled you to free entry but automatic access to every one of Disney’s special VIP perks?
And what if the only condition was that you have a parent carry you into the park? Sound unfair?
William F. Buckley Jr. founded National Review magazine, which helped build a new conservative consensus during the post-war years. (Photo: Everett Collection/Newscom)
Is it really a decade since the passing of William F. Buckley Jr., who wrote more and debated more and mentored more than any other conservative in the 20th century?
Consider these accomplishments: author of over 50 best-selling books of nonfiction and fiction that introduced the CIA hero Blackford Oakes to the world; writer of 5,600 newspaper columns totaling 4.5 million words in eloquent defense of the conservative paradigm; host of the weekly TV program “Firing Line” that for 33 years and 1,504 programs enabled him to eviscerate the leading liberals in the land.
Kelly Guthrie Raley has been teaching for 20 years and currently educates kids at Eustis Middle School in Lake County, Florida. Just last month she was named the 2017-2018 Teacher of the Year.
Okay, I’ll be the bad guy and say what no one else is brave enough to say, but wants to say. I’ll take all the criticism and attacks from everyone because you know what? I’m a TEACHER. I live this life daily. And I wouldn’t do anything else! But I also know daily I could end up in an active shooter situation.
Soon it will be time to vote in the mid-term election. Several people have asked for my opinion on the candidates. While I am always willing to make a recommendation, may I suggest you give my opinion a weight of about 20% and the remaining 80% to verifiable facts that you actually examine for yourself.
The federal judiciary has arguably become the most powerful branch of the general government. Opinions issued by nine politically connected lawyers have redefined marriage throughout the entire United States, authorized the internment of American citizens and dictated what kinds of decorations cities can display in their parks.
Federal courts were never intended to wield this kind of power and control. In Federalist #78, Alexander Hamilton argued that judiciary would operate as the weakest branch of the federal government.
From FoxNews.com, By Theodore R. Bromund, January 30,2018
FILE — Handguns are seen for sale in a display case at Metro Shooting Supplies in Bridgeton, Missouri, November 13, 2014. (REUTERS/Jim Young)
The United Nations will have a busy year in 2018 on the firearms front. That’s not good news for anyone in the U.S. who buys firearms. When it comes to the U.N. and guns, the best form of action is always inaction.
Worse, manufacturers and importers at this year’s SHOT Show — the Shooting, Hunting, and Outdoor Trade Show, organized by the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), the trade association for the firearms industry, which ran from Jan. 23 to 26 — believe they’re starting to see the results of past U.N. anti-gun efforts.
Bottom line: there are more problems for U.S. gun importers, while China gets a free pass on a critical issue.