These rules govern content on ParkerCountyBlog.com – if you have any questions please email the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. ParkerCountyBlog.com is responsible for content provided by its paid employees including its reporters. However, the views of its Affiliated Bloggers are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of the owners or management of ParkerCountyBlog.com.
2. ParkerCountyBlog.com is a common carrier for anyone not employed by or affiliated with ParkerCountyBlog.com and as such is not responsible for the factual accuracy or reliability of any statements made in posts of any type by other individuals.
3. Anyone who chooses to “go public” by posting news or opinions on ParkerCountyBlog.com must realize they are LEGALLY LIABLE for their statements. If you post news or opinions to ParkerCountyBlog.com you can be held legally liable (that means you can be sued and made to pay money to a damaged party) for any commentary deemed to be obscene (according to the legal definition of “obscene”), libelous or defamatory. You may also be held legally accountable if you share a company’s proprietary information. Accordingly, if you chose to post on ParkerCountyBlog.com you should consider carefully whether you have overstated, used misleading language, ignored copyrights, or engaged in derogatory remarks or defamatory speculation. If you are unclear what might or might not be over the line you should consult a lawyer (but not ours).
4. ParkerCountyBlog.com will not edit posts. However, we reserve the right to reject a post in whole from any individual that contains swear words (in any language), actionable accusations, fighting words as defined by the US Supreme Court, or slurs based on racial, ethnic, sexual or religious orientation. Posts may not call names, or make character attacks. If you believe someone has presented inaccurate information post alternative data but do not call individuals or organizations names. We reserve the right to remove any post that violates these rules. Our intent is to increase the civility of discourse not add to the coarseness.
5. All material has a Creative Commons limited Copyright and may be used by anyone with attribution so long as the material appears as it has appeared in ParkerCountyBlog.com. Anyone who finds this unacceptable should not post or submit articles.
6. We strongly encourage anyone posting or commenting on a post to follow these simple rules:
a. Write as fact only that which you know to be true and can prove in a court of law
b. Link to any material that is online when you refer to it in a post or comment
c. If you got it wrong, come back and say so
d. Write your posts with the knowledge there are no erasers on the Internet; what you write will be with us always
e. Disclose any conflict of interest – just because you have a conflict doesn’t mean you are wrong.
7. When in doubt email us and ask.
8. ParkerCountyBlog.com will guard passwords with its collective lives. Anyone who obtains a password is responsible for maintaining the security of that password.
9. Our goal is to be an independent voice for those “forgotten Americans” who don’t have lobbyists in Austin and Washington representing them, but who simply want a better community, better state, and better nation. Thanks for joining us here at ParkerCountyBlog.
Political Advertisement paid for by Lenny Leatherman.
This communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.